Interview with the champion of W-league, TH000!

Original Author: War3station_Emoji
Translator: GLH



In the W-league playoffs, TH000 won W-League with his powerful strength with defeating the king of the Orcs, Lyn, the great Undead player, 120, and the Legendary Night Elf player, Moon. He also proved that he is "the ceiling of Warcraft III." And now, we are having an interview with TH000, how is he thinking about this tournament, and switching the race? Let take a look.


Q: Hi, TH. You won Moon in the final once again. It seems that Moon is hard to win you in the Finals. Do you think so?

TH000: My chances will be bigger in the final. In the final, my preparation before the game, my mentality and physical condition will be better. In fact, my win rate in the finals is very high, no matter who my opponent is. Meanwhile, Moon has been in the finals many times as well, so the win rate looks good for me.




Q: How did you prepare for the W league playoffs?

TH000: I have recently made a lot of preparations for this patch. W League is the second major tournament and the first offline event for this patch. Basically, beside eat and sleep, I am streaming, playing on ladders, ask others to practice with me, watching all the replays. At the same time, I analyzed the meaningful games very carefully.

In this time, I was still focusing on NE vs ORC, when this patch just released, I was not particularly good when I played against Orcs, I was much worse than Infi and Moon. So I worked more in my own weaknesses.




Q: How did you feel when you knew you were in the upper half with eer0, Sok and Lyn? Do you think the position of Infi is better?
TH000: Actually it's almost the same. In this patch, 6S+Focus+Lawliet is still relatively strong. The win rate between us will be like 60%-40% or 50%-50%. It is not particularly important that you meet which player, the more important thing is who can perform with our own strength by the time.

Remark: 6S means 6 super players, which means Infi, TH000, Moon, Lyn, Fly100%, eer0.




Q: You chose Night Elf to play against Lyn when you met him in the First Round. However, before this game you said that Night Elf is the weaker side in NE vs ORC; and the players such as Infi, Chaemiko and HawK have won HU vs ORC many times. Why did't you choose Human, which may be having the higher win rate? Do you think Human is harder than Night Elf when they are playing against Orcs?
TH000: I think both races are almost the same, but for non-top players, Night Elf is more difficult to play now (when playing against Orcs).

And why I didn't choose Human to play, because I am more disadvantageous in this patch. First, I can't choose Fire Lord first. In my understanding, Fire Lord > Blade Master, Far Seer > Fire Lord, Archmage > Far Seer, and Blade Master > Archmage. This is the main reason why I now reject HU vs ORC. Night Elf more tactical details that can be developed, so I want to use Night Elf to play. If there is one day, I've developed all the Night Elf's strategies, and the winning rate is still lower than 50%, I might go to practice the Fire Lord's Tower Rush.




Q: Previously, 120 stopped your winning streak in NE vs UD, so do you have confidence to get the revenge before the game? How did you adjust your mentality and strategies to play against 120?
TH000: Before we played, I think it is a close game, the win rate would be like 50%-50%. In the last WGL qualifier, it was the first time that I played against 120 and his expanding strategies. So I had't made a specialized for it. The main adjustment I made is I sent 3 wisps to the Gold Mine and detonated on there, and stopped him to creep the Gold Mine. In fact, I wanted to try and see the effect only, my mentality was relatively relaxed.




Q: Previously, 120 stopped your winning streak in NE vs UD, so do you have confidence to get the revenge before the game? How did you adjust your mentality and strategies to play against 120?
TH000: Before we played, I think it is a close game, the win rate would be like 50%-50%. In the last WGL qualifier, it was the first time that I played against 120 and his expanding strategies. So I had't made a specialized for it. The main adjustment I made is I sent 3 wisps to the Gold Mine and detonated on there, and stopped him to creep the Gold Mine. In fact, I wanted to try and see the effect only, my mentality was relatively relaxed.




Q: Can you analyze for us about the Finals? How did you come back in the disadvantaged opening? Which game is the most impressive for you in this series? Why?
TH000: In the first set on NI, he didn't train Glaive Throwers, so I didn't have any disadvantages in the whole set. I even had an advantage when I pulled down the Ancient of Protector.

On TM, the most important thing is I expanded on the island. Then, I had 70 supply of high-quality troops and he had 70 supply of mass Dryads. Even though my heroes' levels is 3 levels lower than him, I still could win with the micro in the direct fight.

The game on EI is the most impressive game for me. There were countless chances for me to type out gg by the time, but I didn't take it. In the last fight, I used 80 supply of troops to fight against his 70 supply of mass Dryads, and I fell behind 3 levels in heroes' levels. But I won! I feel so amazing, it is still amazing after watching the replay after the game~




Q: Let's talk about this tournament. What do you think about the W league playoffs? Are you looking forward to the second season?
TH000: W-League offline tournament is very good, I am looking forward to the second season.




Q: Let's talk about some relaxed topics. What happen make you feel unforgettable in this time?
TH000: Every single victory is hard to forget~ but it is not easy at all. Can you give me a weaker opponent next time?




Q: This year is the year of Warcraft III Reforged edition, and it may be also the beginning of the revival of Warcraft III. There will be many offline games as well. In the first half of the year, are you confident to complete the epic of 6 consecutive championships (W League, NeXT, H&W, WCG Chinese qualifier, WCG Finals, WGL)?
TH000: Stop DUNAI on me again. I feel thankful if I can get another championship.

Remark: DUNAI: There is a situation when someone is confident and proclaim someone definitely win the game, but after his announcement, the situation reversed, the situation is considered as DUNAI in china.




Q: Last question, what is your opinion on the patch 1.31?
TH000: Undead is buffed too much, and Fire Orb is buffed too much. But I still expect that the official patch 1.31 will be more balanced than the PTR.


Our Facebook Our Twitter Our YouTube Our Reddit Our Discord Channel


Click here to Source

1 comment: