[NEWS] Sky was on China Network Television again! Let's walk into the cross-field life of Li Xiaofeng.

Original Author: War3station
Translator: GLH



This man took 22 years to change himself from Li Xiaofeng to Sky. Now, he wants to change himself from Sky to Li Xiaofeng. How long does it take to turn around this time?

On 6th April, the second season of the commercial talk show "跨界见真章" had a guest we are familiar with. In this episode, the host and producer Zhang Yan invited the former e-sports world champion, Youtaidu founder Li Xiaofeng, to talk about his cross-border experience, and analyzed the current status of the domestic e-sports industry.

Remark by GLH: Youtaidu is 钛度科技, it is a company which was founded by Sky and it is selling peripheral e-sports equipment.

Video: Li "Sky" XiaoFeng returned to his home, a place where dreams began.


In July 2017, Tencent was caught in the whirlpool of public opinion because of its mobile game. The stock price fell 4.13% and the market value evaporated by 15.1 billion US dollars. Compared with the traditional sports industry, e-sports has never completely bid farewell to the controversy. However, this does not prevent it from gradually forming a market scale of 100 billion in China. Along with the controversy, more and more professional e-sports practitioners are beginning to appear in public, and Li Xiaofeng is one of them.


In e-sports, he also has a more reputable name - Sky. As a professional player, he had scored two consecutive WCG titles and he is called as the greatest player in China's e-sports. Although the overall recognition of e-sports in the society is constantly improving, but we still can't conceal that the general public's perception of this field is still being bad. In the conversation with the host Zhang Yan, Li Xiaofeng tried his best for the e-sports industry.

"E-sports is a project officially recognized by the Administration of Sport of China in 2003. Through this sport, we can train our thinking ability, response capability and coordination of mind and body." Li Xiaofeng explained to Zhang Yan, "In this era, e-sports is an entertainment with the most cost-effective, and it's a era that all people have their own electronic equipment, this is the reason that e-sports have been able to develop so well so far."


In the WCG 2005, Li Xiaofeng won the Warcraft III title with the rushing strategy, which there was no player used before, and in the following year, he once again defended the WCG Warcraft III champion. However, Li Xiaofeng, has not completed the dream, three consecutive championships, until the last year of WCG, WCG 2013

"In 2013, after WCG announced that it would be closed, I really lost my direction of my life for a while, I don't know what should I to do in the future. I tried to make a transformation, I had tried to be a caster, a team leader of other games, and I even tried to be a professional Texas Hold'em player, but the results were not satisfactory."

The stubborn, unresolved dreams need to continue in a different way. In 2015, there were several friends in the circle invited him and founded a technology hardware company in Shanghai for esports peripheral products. All products and services were extended to the field of e-sports. In 2016, the company successfully got the A round of financing. At the time, it had been ten years after Li Xiaofeng won his first WCG title, and Li Xiaofeng also ushered his turning point his life.


"In 2011 and 2012, I started to transform and did a lot of things, but I was not satisfied about that. Until my partner found me, I realized that there is still a way for me, I can start a business." Recalling the early stage of the journey, Li Xiaofeng faced many problems that he saw for first time, and everything starts from the beginning, like a baby is learning how to walk.

Li Xiaofeng laughed and said that he was clumsy, like Guo Jing, but he finally realized his heroic dream through hard work and luck. The slogan he set for his company was "we are born for e-sports." Today, he is no longer the teenager who is chasing the dream and eager to win the championship. He has turned his eyes and expectations to the development of products, companies and the entire e-sports industry.

"I want to go through entrepreneurship, helping people to make others recognize and understand me. I want to let everyone knows that Sky is not only a good player, but also a man who can help everyone in the field of entrepreneurship, this may be a more ideal goal for me." Li Xiaofeng said to Zhang Yan.

At 10:46pm of 6th April, please pay your attention on CCTV financial channel, CCTV-2, let's walk into the cross-field life of Li Xiaofeng.

Zhang Yan: In 2005, you won the WCG Championship, how did you feel by the time?

Li Xiaofeng: Before that, I only watched the players put our flag on Olympic, I never knew that we could do that on an e-sports stage. After the years, I feel like I am not playing for myself only, I also play for China, and the players who love e-sports.


The images if from:

Click here to Source

2 comments:

  1. Sky hey long time you probably never see this but its whosyoudaddy. I just want to say something. Why did yous all cheated me for. Dont you remember in 2005 you asked me what i was doing in there, i said im about to win, you said your the champ, i said no now your the champ. Well its long ago, i do feel bad about it all and what happened to you. But life gose on. When i was a kid i loved everything that was china and korean, they have the most honor. And if someone did something for them, they return the favor. China and korea never return the favor. Yes i am sad, you know i never ment for things to go wrong. i remember whats yous all said. Is that why yous all cheated me. Well enjoy it, you never know what the future holds. Btw i can do it all again, in 2007 did you think i could,nt do it, china thought they could beat me. Yous all did, even in the end i still did it. I still got it. I wanna coach a team but that wont happen, will it. Yous all kept cheating me. After all i did. Well its in the past. This i know, i wish someone would contact me, but yous must of stop beliving. We could all start over, work on something together at least here me out. World elite lol i remember when they asked me for a name. I gave them that name. Well days go by even if they all never pay me, life gose on. It dose pain me badly, but im over it, the thoughts still remains. If i never get the chance to say it i say it now. I wish yous would of told me, thing would of never went wrong. I just wanna say hi to a few people, hey Ted, hey thooo hey infi hi fly hi moon, hi sweet,and other i left out but did yous for get what i did for yous. Well I'll leave this matter in gods hands. When we die and go to the after life, i hold this against yous, theres time to make amends, but when its to late then yous wait to long. China and koreans are suppose return the deeds.
    Well who know what we could do.
    Forever whosyoudaddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email of wyd kubar1979jan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete