[INTERVIEW] TeD: I am not DUNAI, I am a professional caster!

TeD isn't a professional player in War3 2v2, and his skills are hard to play in 1v1, however, TeD and Hainiu are one of the best team in War3 2v2, recently, they got a first place and a second place in TKOM.

TeD is a optimistic guy and he keep smiling on his face. TeD was a professional player, he might experience a lot of difficulties, maybe this is the reason make TeD is able to keep hopefulness always.


Q: Hi Ted, thank you for accepting our interview, please introduce yourself to the audiences first.

TeD: Hi, I am TeD, the War3 streamer who always be chasing by Yuwan[1]



Q: Before TKOM(The King of Map), the last 2v2 game you played was more than half year ago, and you get the champion in your first 2v2 tournament in these few months, what is the reason for your success? What qualities does 2v2 test for players?

TeD: It's BO1, luck is the biggest reason, and this is the first 2v2 tournament in patch 1.30, all of us are still trying to adapt it, and my partner is Hainiu, he plays very good, what I need to do is just shouting 666 to him[2].
2v2 has differences with 1v1, some players are good in 1v1, but they aren't able to adapt 2v2. Communication and trust are really important, if you face a problem and you have to decide solution immediately, one of them have to listen to another player, if two player are having different opinion, this will make they lose easily.



Q: Talk about your partner, Hainiu, we heard that he is good in 1v1 too, and he is the first 50 in NetEase platform, so Hainiu and you, who is the better player?

TeD: 2v2 great player also good in 1v1, in our bet party, Hainiu is the best 1v1 player. From an objective perspective, 2v2 is a game for 2 players, I have great chemistry with Hainiu, so we are improving together, so we are good when we play together.



Q: You lost to Infi and Colorful on TR, what is the reason? How many Zhouxixi between Colorful and TH000[3]?

TeD: I don't think this is an accident for us, Infi is a very good commander and he has a lot of strategies and experiences, we would be trapped by them, and Colorful didn't perform his "acrobatics". For conclusion, I think the biggest problem is we didn't do well on scouting in the opening, we guessed that Infi would go to Headhunter directly before the game, but Infi didn't and he use Wyverns, they were acting and very good, so they trapped successfully and made us have no idea about what they were playing. In the late game, TC was level 3 and they had a team of Wyverns, this situation is really hard for UN (Undead+Night Elf).
For the second question, come on man, I can't say that, Zhouxixi is Colorful's master.



Q: In patch 1.30, which combination will be the best? And why?

TeD: We have only two 2v2 tournaments, but I feel all the combination are slightly stronger than previous patch, I am sure that is no best combination, because the strength is depending on the player, there will be different answer for every 2v2 tournament.



Q: Do you think TKOM's format is good? In your career, which map is your favorite map?

TeD: I think the format is quick cool, BO1 for the first place is really stimulating, and amateur player can defeat professional player easier in BO1.
TR is my most favorite map, this is the map to let me didn't get 0 point when I played with Sky, and I have the highest win rate on TR in my career.



Q: In patch 1.30, Undead are easier to play against Human, if you play 1v1 against Sky, who will be the winner?

TeD: I will win for sure, Sky didn't play War3 for more than half year, and I feel he didn't play patch 1.30 too, I will keep teasing him and let him use Riflemen, and I will win the game.



Q: In this year, Colorful played a lot of good games, and he has become famous, as a senior, what will you say these young players?

TeD: War3 is a interesting game, but it will make suffering to us too, if young players want to become better than the senior, they have to hold for the games for long times. Although these seniors are having a lot of experiences and strategies, but young players are having better momentum, and these young players are much better than last year, like Pcg, Sini, Fast, basically, they can reach to 16 strong in WGL, maybe even better, good luck! Hope they will be better!



Q: You have retired for a few years, and you are streamer, caster, player, organizer too, in your opinion, what does War3 means to you? With all the thing you have done, what you want to give War3 fans?

TeD: War3 is a part of my life, I can't leave this game, what I have right now are depend on this game. I feel happy when I am doing these, streamer, organizer, caster, I feel blessed when the fans and audiences feel happy.
For example, When I am streaming, audiences may be praising, and I am casting clearly, for every points in the game......? And......?[4]
I feel happy for this too, hahaha



Q: What your comment about "DUNAI"[5], do you feel confident that you can step over Huang Xu Dong, and become the best "DUNAI" in eSport?

TeD: I am a professional caster, ok? Huang Xu Dong is a real DUNAI, TeDTV audiences know that, I won't get over your Yuwan, I am the professional!(This is true, trust me, I am talking honestly)
P/s: I have to run now



Q: Hainiu and You are the formal winner on TKOM feat LT, and Infi+Colorful are the formal winner on TR, we will have two more tournaments for each map, may you predict which team are the winner next time?

TeD: We will try over best on LT, at least we don't want to lose with bad, on TR, I think Infi+Colorful will be the winner again, and 120+Fly will be the biggest challenger.



Q: Do you have any words for the bankrupter of Yuwan and War3 fans?

TeD: Thank you, come to TeDTV always and get relax together!





Remarks:

[1]Yuwan: A fake money on Douyu TV, and they can use these to play Douyu Gambling.

[2]666: When somebody shout 666 to you, means you did very well.

[3] They use Zhouxixi to quantify strength of players, just a joke. For example, how many GLH between B2W and War3info, usually this means GLH is really weak.

[4] TeD always DUNAI, for example: https://gornlanharbor.blogspot.com/2018/10/funvideo-master-of-dunai-see-how-ted.html

[5] DUNAI: There is a situation when someone is confident and proclaim someone definitely win the game, but after his announcement, the situation reversed, the situation is considered as DUNAI in china.



Source:
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/WuWX7N3sgZoqjSkOBL-N0Q?fbclid=IwAR11fKwL3bhmeomENIslIbDKzoWUtQc94gG-yBje1-_eursvdr7KbsQlGnw

1 comment: